Monday, December 1, 2008

A Closer Look to Understanding AIDS

2 comments

Today, is the very first of December. As we start the festive and the holidays, and as we face the importance of this much awaited month, we have to also create and build a strong awareness on the issue of HIV/AIDS, as the world celebrates World AIDS Day at this very day.

“HIV/AIDS has now become a pandemic that has literally put the world at risk, affecting diverse populations in different ways”. –Dr. Nora Volkow, NIDA Director

Today is another day to create global awareness about HIV/AIDS that would present an opportunity for all of us - people worldwide to unite and build a strong stand in the fight against these pandemic diseases.

There have been an increase in number of people who are living with HIV or worst AIDS, and it continues to rise in every part of the world. HIV/AIDS has been a global epidemic... a real global epidemic that has affected millions of lives already. Despite of being so widespread, misconceptions about these diseases and how they are spread are still rampant. Most people, if not all, have just little idea or should I say have no idea at all, about how they could get HIV/AIDS, and I would set myself as an example. Thus, this acts as a major obstacle to its effective prevention. Making matters worse than expected is the stigma which is attached to it, with entire families being excluded just because they happen to have HIV/AIDS.



Remember that there's still no cure for AIDS, so it would be best for one to enhance his awareness of the issue and protect himself.

The time is now. Together, we can prevent the spread of this pandemic – through awareness, care, prevention, education and research.

For you to better know HIV/AIDS please do visit the following sources of information.

NIDA’s Learn the Link Campaign

More Resources

AIDS.gov

The Federal government has developed a wealth of HIV/AIDS testing, prevention, treatment and research information. In addition, the following are some of the many resources you can use to help response to HIV/AIDS.

________

P.S. To my dearly beloved readers and to my group - Bloggers Unite, I apologize for this very brief post. I have been so very busy lately, and managing to have more time to blog. But for sure I'll update it later after my work shift today. Thanks for reading...


2 COMMENTS:

Faith Morgan said...

The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of HIV/AIDS by a Doctor called Dr. OBUDO,
Dr. OBUDO help me in my life. I was infected with HIV/AIDS DISEASE in 2012, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay.until this faithful day as i was browsing the net I saw a testimony on how Dr.OBUDO helped people in curing HIV disease, quickly I copied his WhatsApp number so i contacted him for solution for my HIV DISEASE,so Dr. OBUDU told me that his going to prepare herbal medicine for my health,then he prepared the medicine and luckily after 2week my HIV was cured. Dr.OBUDO is well recognize as one of the best herbalist doctor in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or share your tears anymore on this disease when the cure have already be found by Dr. OBUDO herbal medicine,he also cure HPV,CANCER,HERPES,ALS,HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, ASTHMA,contact him on his email (OBUDO.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM) or contact him on WhatsApp via number:+2347035974895

Faith Morgan said...

The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of HIV/AIDS by a Doctor called Dr. OBUDO,
Dr. OBUDO help me in my life. I was infected with HIV/AIDS DISEASE in 2012, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay.until this faithful day as i was browsing the net I saw a testimony on how Dr.OBUDO helped people in curing HIV disease, quickly I copied his WhatsApp number so i contacted him for solution for my HIV DISEASE,so Dr. OBUDU told me that his going to prepare herbal medicine for my health,then he prepared the medicine and luckily after 2week my HIV was cured. Dr.OBUDO is well recognize as one of the best herbalist doctor in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or share your tears anymore on this disease when the cure have already be found by Dr. OBUDO herbal medicine,he also cure HPV,CANCER,HERPES,ALS,HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, ASTHMA,contact him on his email (OBUDO.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM) or contact him on WhatsApp via number:+2347035974895