Friday, November 7, 2008

US Election Watch 2008 & My Experience...

3 comments
Last Wednesday, October 5, 2008, I was invited to join and witnessed 'US Election Watch 2008' which was organized by Philippine US Embassy and was held at SM Cebu City, Philippines. Why October 5 instead of 4? Well it's certainly because Philippines is ahead by 13+ hours from the United States...

As my work shift ended for that very day, I hurriedly proceeded to the said venue. And as blogger, we were given the media ID for identification plus badges of OBAMA & McCain...

Just like other participants, I participated in the mock polls conducted during the event using any of the 3 US electronic election devices. Among the three, I prefer to use the touch-screen device which for me was more efficient and easy, it is just like the automated teller machine that we normally use. Yes, I was amazed and impressed by how fast the election results came in and how advanced their election gadgets are compared to other countries especially here in the Philippines... I'm just hoping that in the near future, these gadgets would be used in the future Philippine elections.

Everybody's eager to know the result... watching the live screen for every minute's updates. Wondering how US electoral process works... Then at around 12:00 noon, Philippine Standard Time [about 11:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time], BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA II was proclaimed the new US President-Elect.
____________________

And what made the event more exciting is the fact that through the said event I was able to meet and interact with some of my fellow CBS [Cebu Bloggers Society] members... also I have met some of the prominent people of Cebu City...




Photos Courtesy of Clarence & X

3 COMMENTS:

Shawie said...

wow! that must have been sooo much fun! I liked the fact that bloggers get involved in some social events:)

Anonymous said...

who took the fourth photo?

Anonymous said...

wow astig tol. I hope I can also be an atenista soon heheheheh