Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A 'Friendship Poem' & My Idea of Friendship

3 comments
Below is a 'Friendship Poem' I`ve received from an online blogger and friend Mabel along with the awards she`d given me just this Sunday...

We need Friends for many reasons,
all throughout the season.
We need Friends to comfort us when we are sad,
and to have fun with us when we are glad.
We need Friends to give us good advice.
We need someone we can count on,
and treat us nice.
We need Friends to remember us
once we have passed sharing memories
that will always last.

And in relation to this poem, I`d like to briefly give you some of my idea of 'Friendship'.

To begin with, I`m not even sure if I could really discuss this thing the way I wanted it to be discussed. But one thing is for sure, I want to tell you guys how I value my friends and how important their friendship is to me...

Friends and friendship are actually two different things that are of course related. And for me Friendship is more than just being friends. It is a connection deep within each person that is considered as an undearned gift of love.

When I say we`re friends it doesn`t really necessarily mean that we`re already having that what we call 'true friendship', for true friendship is seen through the heart and not through the eyes. It is being build. It has to be taken cared of. And it is the result of LOVE, SINCERITY, HONESTY, LOYALTY and TRUST.

Also friendship is a blessing... It`s the only everlasting miracle in this world that continue to happen. And the biggest miracle that will surely come or happen into anybody`s life.

As you may notice, people just come and go, but real or true frienship will never vanished.

So in the end, you have to think of your true friends and be grateful for the gifts they bring to your life. Allow your hearts to connect and bring comfort to each other. Expand your world by seeing through their eyes. Give them your love in return for each friend you have is an unearned gift that should be accepted with grace and thankfulness.

To all my friends and to my bestfriends, this brief article is for you guys. I love you so much and I`m so grateful of having you in my life.


3 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

very well said. true friends are indeed gems. never let them go as they are for keeps.

i totally agree about LOVE, SINCERITY, HONESTY, LOYALTY and most especially TRUST being foundation of true friendship.

i dont know if you'll agree but i find the last item real hard to find nowadays. coz trust comes with understanding. maybe not at all times and it depends on the situation but then, in the end, one way or another, if one has found a true friend, that friend would understand the real why. because that friend has TRUST in you and sees that no matter how dark the days are, there's always something that is good in you. owell, im probably rambling here ^_^

great moving post! i like your blog. it's honest. thanks for visiting and following mine. i appreciate it! ^_^ added your link in the personal blog section of my sidebar: LINKY LOVE. keep blogging!

James said...

ei. just want to inform you.. your banner is done.. just check it in my site.. see yah.. hope you like it..

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice poem. I like it. :)Can't wait for the next :)